Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top 10 favorite movies of 2015

The following is my lift of top 10 movies that i most enjoyed in 2015.
10. Everest
Read my review for this one.
9. Brooklyn
Read my review for this one.
8. Dope
Just as the name suggest, this film is pretty dope, with a smart plot, a cool cast and a really well written script.
7. 99 homes
Michael Shannon does it again! With his hypnotizing look and good acting he will draw you into the plot from the first scene, nicely complemented by Andrew Garfield's performance.
6. Me and Earl ant the dying girl
This movie has a Wes Anderson vibe from start to finish, which I really enjoy since he is one of my favorite directors. It's not just a classic coming of age film, it's also a reflections how teenagers cope with loss and how it affects them and the ones around them. A must watch for viewers who like warm tones, symmetry, smart dialogue, a good soundtrack and many pop culture references!
5. Goodnight mommy
This one is a small indie Austrian horror film with little dialogue but intense and suspenseful scenes. If you pay attention throughout the movie it's not difficult to guess the ending, but that will still keep you on the edge of your seat. The suspense is build in a slow manner, but the second act is worth the wait.
4. Sicario
Go read my review for this one.
3. Meadowland
Go read my review for this one.
2.Ex machina
I definitely did not expect to have so much fun watching this movie. It is a little bit on the indie side, with not so much commercial success, but that doesn't make it any less good. I'm a big fan of Oscar Isaac and he impressed me once again in his role. The plot is full of cliffhangers, with the viewer switching sides for different characters at different points in the movie. Definitely a must watch for anyone!
1. The martian
I have reviewed this before on my blog, but I will say it again: I love everything about this movie! (and book as well) The plot is incredibly interesting in my opinion, from what I've read the science is also legit, the cast in really well chosen, the cinematography is amazing and the overall atmosphere of the movie is positive, humorous and enjoyable. Hopefully a few Oscars will go towards it's direction.

Also shoutout to Infinitely polar bear and Coherence which I will put on my list as a honorable mentions because I've seen them in 2015, although they came out in 2014.

There you go, these were my favorite films of 2015. Tell me if you agree and which is your top 10 for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment