Sunday, December 27, 2015

Meadowland

Last night, as I was browsing through Indiewire's articles I came across a title like "Scorsese definitely recommends this indie movie" which I immediately clicked to see what it was about, cause indie pictures are my jam. I watched the trailer really quickly and decided it is a film that I will probably enjoy.
Well, Scorsese was right! :) Meadowland is a directorial debut of Reed Morano, starring Olivia Wilde, Luke Wilson and Elizabeth Moss, just to name a few. I am not going to get too much into detail about the plot, as I would like to let you discover it on your own, but mainly it is a story about two parents who try to cope in their own way with the disappearance of their son. It is a psychological drama amazingly acted and beautifully shot which will absorb you from the beginning. I'm not going to lie, there are a few scenes difficult to watch and heartbreaking at the same time. I love the fact that it is unpredictable, you never know how that characters will act or where the story is going and towards the end, Wilde's character embarks onto something that could lead to serious damages.
I strongly recommend you give it a try because the main actors do a terrific job, I believe this might be Olivia Wilde's best performance yet and Luke Wislon does not disappoint either. If you are into movies which treat psychological issues like loss, mental disorders and depression and do not spell everything out for the audience, then this film is a good fit for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment