Sunday, October 25, 2015

Wild


“Wild” is a movie directed by Jean Marc Vallee, starring Reese Whiterspoon and Laura Dern, about a young woman who sets to go on a 1000 miles hike to rediscover herself and resolve some personal issues. (Oh boy  how I love this type of movies!) An interesting aspect about this film is the fact that the story is told in a non linear way, so it intertwines shots from the present, when she is hiking with shots from her past, presented as flashbacks that she has during her journey.
I really liked Jean Marc Vallee’s previous film “Dallas buyers club” and I was really curious by the plot of Wild. However, I was reluctant when it came to the leading actress, since I was not a big fan of hers. After seeing this movie I actually started to like Reese Whiterspoon and I think she did an incredible job with the character. It is believable and really well portrayed.
The cinematography of the movie is really beautiful and the story all together is excellent. The performances are spot on and as a plus, the film has a great soundtrack featuring Simon and Garfunkel songs, which I thought was a big bonus.
All in all, I really enjoyed this movie and in my opinion it is one of the best movies of 2014, so you should definitely check it out. It’s captivating, heartbreaking at times and actually motivating!After seeing it, I went and bought the book and now it is one of my favorite stories, really inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment